Again I'm finding excuses from doing my assignments and stuff again, but I really like to share with you something you can do and make money from! If you have the tools and the time not to mention the passion for it, why not try it! I'm talking about making cookies! its tasty and if you do it right, u can sell at 100% the cost and people still considered it cheap!
Thiz amazing thing taste similar (yes! very similar) to the famous er..Famous Amos.! For u who have sweet tooth, u may want to try it out just for the sake of your unrelentless craving for more cookies. For more, ehem,, business minded, u can do this for side income! Lets move on!
What you need?
1) An Oven. Both Gas and electrical one will do just fine
2) A cup (duuuh)
3) Electric Mixer or spatula
4) A bowl (any bowl is ok) The recipes:
1 cup butter
1 cup caster sugar (or ¾ = if u don't like it sweet or 1 ¼ if u r really fancy for sweet food)
1 cup brown sugar
1-2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon mayonnaise (opt)
2 tablespoon evaporated milk (opt)
opt=optional for xtra lemakness.XD
2 cups wheat flour
2½ cups blended oat
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
1 teaspoon salt
C -1 packet (250g) Van houten Chocolate button or any of your fav Chocolate Chips -200-250g grated chocolate bar -¾ - 1 cup chopped walnut (or pecans or any of your fav nuts) (just leave this if u dont like nuts)
The Chocolate Buttons, Sugar and the Flour I used.
How to do it?
1) Grate 200-250g chocolate bar
2) Cream butter and ingredient A with mixer on med speed.
3) Blend the oat.
4) Combine the blended oat with ingredient B.
5) Add, 3-4 tablespoon at a time the combine ingredient B to the creamed butter and mix with spatula.
6) Add ingredient C and mix gently with spatula
7) Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes
8) Drop by teaspoon onto baking paper
9) Preheat Oven to 180 °C. Bake for 12-18 minutes
Let it rest for a while before storing it in air tight container.
-The cost for 1 batch is around RM30
-A batch makes around 1.1-1.2 kg cookies
-cost for 100g(around 20 pieces) would be around RM2.50
-You can sell it for RM5=100g and make around RM30 for 1 batch...a batch a day and by the end of the month, u can get RM600 (5 times a week).
-LoL, but it is rough estimation plus u need to promote and have a great customer to sell single batch a day..
Anyway, I never think about starting the bussiness since all the cookies "produce" are quickly "banished" inside my stomach...LoL
Hope you enjoy making it!